3.25.2008

photojojo

My new favorite website is Photojojo. Their whole purpose is to track down great tips and tricks for amateur photographers, and fun things to do with your photos. Like these photo pencils.

I am not a great photographer. I have a lot of self-portrait type shots that make my nose look out of proportion. And my food shots, despite using my husband's pretty nice digital camera, always look a little like they came out of a 1971 copyright Betty Crocker cookbook. In a bad way.

So, here's a tutorial I can master with some practice. I didn't know that high-contrast, retro-funky, slightly-off colorization that Nylon magazine uses in their shoots was something you can do with Photoshop, but there you go. (They are going to be soooo pissed when everyone's as cool as them.)

Here's my practice one. This is the stable yard where the Budweiser Clydesdale's are trained in Nashua, NH before.


And this is where they trained them in 1978. Not really, but it does give that vibe, no?


{P.S. Today I'm home sick with the death-plague. Seriously, it feels like a swallowed a cheese grater, and there are seriously unpleasant surprises being hacked up, best confined to my own home. But, yay for the chance to catch up on my Google Reader!}

No comments: