9.06.2008

i *heart* black & white

When my husband and I moved into our first house, I had to FORCE myself to restrict the paint colors on the walls to tans and browns, but I promptly hung orange pendant lights, painted my dining room chairs lime green, and scattered the house with throw pillows in every hue.


{AT}

But lately I've noticed I'm more drawn to simple black, white, and gray spaces like above. Or this one featured in the September issue of Domino: {the corresponding article was actually about this editor's attempt at "going greige" in her apartment. De-colorification is HOT.}


{Domino}

I will always LOVE color, but I am also always so ready to change everything when I grow tired of it. I love these more neutral palettes because they are never boring; you can easily toss in a few colorful items and make them look completely new. Check out this black and white loft-style set: SEXY.


{West Elm}

No comments: