1.30.2009

we're floored.



I finally got around to taking pictures of our new floors (new as of last summer...). You can see all the pictures here.
This isn't wood or laminate. It's actually rubber. We picked it up at Home Depot. Check it out here.

I had quite literally nothing to do with installation of these (except some carpet demo). J did it all with a bit of help from his brothers I believe. I'm sooo happy with how they turned out.



I like it for many reasons, the main being it's a continuous hard surface in general on the main level of our house which makes cleaning super easy, especially with a pet and construction-working husband. But it's easier to care for than wood or laminate- standing water will not ruin this floor, and if it happens to make a seam peel up just a bit, you can replace one slat easily and no one would be the wiser.

It was also super affordable (cheaper than linoleum and looks much better) and easy to install (I hear). I dig it.

No comments: