5.02.2009

i pledge to be veg for 30 days


{Source}

The month of May, I will be a vegetarian. Yesterday was officially day one, but today is Serious Planning Day; coming up with a weekly menu and hit the grocery store and health food store for this weeks' meals.

Here's why I decided to try it out:
  1. I don't eat much meat anyway; mostly I do out of habit, and to avoid cooking two separate meals for the hubby and I.
  2. I consider vegetarianism often {for health, ethical, and green reasons}, but it seems daunting. 30 days is a good start; then I will decide if I can do this long-term.
  3. This will give me a reason to make healthier versions of food I already know I like- eliminating the meat and compensating with more veggies and spices is fun and healthy. I like to experiment in the kitchen, and I like trying new spices and ethnic food.
  4. I've hit a weight-loss plateau; this might be the kick in the butt I need to really plan ahead, get more veggies, and cut out more fat.
Here are some websites I'm loving:

{Recipes}

{Info}
I will be posting my weekly menu plan shortly! Wish me luck! Anyone else want to join me for 30 days?

No comments: